Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Airport Operations - AVAO
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate TP312E- Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Identify, describe and apply various aerodrome data.
- Identify, describe and apply the data related to the physical characteristics of an aerodrome.
- Identify, describe and apply the information related to obstacle restriction and removal at aerodromes.
- Identify, describe and apply the information related to visual aids for navigation at aerodromes.
- Identify, describe and apply the information related to visuals aids for denoting obstacles.
- Identify, describe and apply the information related to visual aids for denoting restricted use areas.
- Identify, describe and apply the information related to various types of equipment utilized and/or installed at an aerodrome.
- Recognize and develop sections of the Airport Operations Manual which are required by Transport Canada as per Anywhere Airport sample.
- Apply the regulations in CARS Part III, Subpart 2 to the development of the Airport Operations Manual.
- Apply the guidelines for developing an Airport Operations Manual as per the Aerodrome Advisory Circular (CIA 12-001) 5/6/2001.
Effective as of Fall 2006