Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Plumber Appr Harmonized - APLB
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform Routine Trade Activities:
- Interpret drawings and specifications.
- Install Plumbing Fixtures and Appliances:
- Commission fixtures and appliances.
- Service fixtures and appliances.
- Use Communication Techniques:
- Use mentoring techniques.
- Install Sewers and Sewage Treatment Systems:
- Test manholes, catch basins and piping for sewers.
- Service manholes, catch basins and piping for sewers.
- Install sewage treatment system components.
- Test sewage treatment systems and components.
- Service sewage treatment systems and components.
- Install Drainage, Waste and Vent (DWV) Systems:
- Service sanitary and storm drainage systems.
- Install Water Services and Distribution Systems:
- Test water service piping and distribution systems.
- Service water service and distribution systems.
- Commission water service and distribution systems.
- Install Pressure Systems:
- Install piping for pressure systems.
- Install equipment for pressure systems.
- Test pressure systems.
- Service pressure systems.
- Commission pressure systems.
- Install Hydronic Systems:
- Test hydronic system components and controls.
- Service hydronic systems, components, and controls.
- Commission hydronic systems, components and controls.
- Install Water Treatment Equipment:
- Install water treatment equipment.
- Test and commission water treatment equipment.
- Service water treatment equipment.
- Install Specialized Systems:
- Install piping for specialized systems.
- Install equipment and components for specialized systems.
- Test specialized systems.
- Service specialized systems.
- Commission specialized systems.
- Apply Electrical Concepts:
- Apply single-phase motor theory.
- Apply three-phase motor theory.
- Interpret the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
- Plan Gas Appliance System Installations:
- Select regulators, valves and valve train components.
- Plan a project.
- Install Gas-Fired Systems:
- Install regulators, valves and valve trains.
- Install air supply systems.
- Commission fuel/air delivery systems.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2019