Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Plumber Appr Harmonized - APLB
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform Routine Trade Activities:
- Interpret drawings and specifications.
- Use codes, regulations and standards.
- Install Sewers and Sewage Treatment Systems:
- Install piping for sewers.
- Install manholes and catch basins.
- Install Water Services and Distribution Systems:
- Install water services.
- Install potable water distribution systems.
- Install Cross Connection Control Devices and Assemblies:
- Install and test cross connection control devices and assemblies.
- Service cross connection control devices and assemblies.
- Install Hydronic Systems:
- Install piping and components for hydronic systems.
- Install hydronic system controls.
- Install Specialized Systems:
- Install piping for specialized systems.
- Install equipment and components for specialized systems.
- Test specialized systems.
- Service specialized systems.
- Commission specialized systems.
- Apply Electrical Concepts:
- Use electrical wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Apply wiring practices.
- Plan Gas Appliance System Installations:
- Size piping and tubing systems.
- Select flame safeguards.
- Select burners.
- Install Gas-Fired Systems:
- Install piping and tubing systems.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2019