Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Automated Controls Installation & Maintenance - ACIM
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Test copper twisted-pair communication cables.
- Test legacy serial cable connections and use Ethernet and USB adapters.
- Query intelligent devices using MODBUS protocol.
- Set up remote monitoring using a VPN connection to a server in the cloud.
- Configure XBee wireless communication to do simple bit monitoring and control on a remote device.
- Use a HART loop calibrator to configure the URV (upper range value) and LRV (lower range value) of a HART-capable instrument.
- Add new controller tags to augment an existing EVENTA supervisory control and data acquisition system and establish logical control connections between the tags using the EVENTA integrated automation engine.
- Introduce a new automated system component which is to be monitored and maintained under a computerized maintenance management system.
- Field questions and give explanations to a job interview panel.
Effective as of Winter 2018