Faqs :: Faculty
- How can my students learn about using the Library?
- How can I book a video/DVD to use in my classroom?
- How can I preview a video/DVD prior to purchase?
- How can I find out more about copyright?
- Can I get help with applied research?
- How do I get materials added to the Library collection?
- How can I borrow items from another Library?
- How can I put a book or article on Reserve for my class?
- How can I keep up to date with current research in my field?
How can my students learn about using the Library?Top
How can I book a video/DVD to use in my classroom?
Search the catalogue by keyword or title to find out what video and DVD titles the Library owns. An advanced search, allows you to click on the Material Type drop down menu and select Videorecordings or DVDs. Video and DVD booking requests may be made in person, by telephone at 604-432-8370 or by email. Written requests can be forwarded to the Service Desk.Top
How can I preview a video/DVD prior to purchase?
Contact Interlibrary Services in person at SE-14 room 208, by telephone at 604-432-8619, or by email. Viewing facilities are available in all three campus libraries.Top
How can I find out more about copyright?
- Read the copying and copyright information on our Web site
- Contact Cynthia Kent, Manager, Privacy & Records Management at 604-432-8508 or by email
Can I get help with applied research?Top
How do I get materials added to the Library collection?Top
How can I borrow items from another Library?
If the BCIT Library does not have access to a book or journal article that you need, you can use our Interlibrary Loan service. It takes anywhere from 3 days to 4 weeks to obtain materials depending upon availability.
Faculty at BCIT are eligible for a UBC Library card and/or SFU Library card free of charge. UBC cards are obtainable at the UBC Koerner Library Circulation Desk. You will need your BCIT ID card and one other piece of photo ID.
SFU cards can be obtained at any SFU branch library circulation/loans desk. You will need your BCIT ID card or pay slip as proof of employment at BCIT. The card is issued for one year and can be renewed.Top
How can I put a book or article on Reserve for my class?
Items can be placed on Course Reserve for your class either in print or electronic format. For print materials, use the Reserve Material Request Form. For eReserves, use the Electronic Request Form [PDF]. You can also contact the Service Desk at 604-432-8370.Top
How can I keep up to date with current research in my field?
You can set up email alerts for the Catalogue and several electronic article databases.Top