BCIT is expanding its offering of RPAS-centric training content. Currently, the following RPAS training courses are offered:
- SURV 1125 RPAS Applications to Geomatics: Part-time studies, six-week online course focusing on the hands-on processing of photogrammetric data into a variety of 2D and 3D products related to the geomatics and surveying industry.
- RPAS 1100 Preparation for Transport Canada RPAS Certification: Part-time studies, self-paced online course specifically designed to prepare future RPAS pilots to write and pass the Transport Canada Advanced RPAS certification test.
This course is currently being updated in partnership with InDro Robotics.
- MDIA 3140 New Technologies: A 12-week, Term 1, full-time course touching on RPAS safety and applications to media, journalism and storytelling. Offered as part of the New Media Design and Web Development Certificate—Diploma Pathway program.
- RPAS 31XX Introduction to RPAS Applications: A 15-week, 45-hour, part-time studies interdisciplinary elective course taught by six instructors from a variety of fields in which RPAS technology is applied. The course is meant to give students from different programs an introduction into how drones are being used in different sectors.
Two additional full-time and part-time courses are being developed, including industrial applications of thermal RPAS imagery and advanced applications in Geomatics.
First nations commitment
Dr. Saczuk has also delivered onsite RPAS training to the following northern First Nations communities:
- Haisla Nation, Kitimat, BC: SURV 1125 UAS Applications for Geomatics, March 27 to 31, 2017
- Haida Nation, Haida Gwaii, BC: SURV 1125 UAS Applications for Geomatics, April 9 to 13, 2018
- Nisga’a First Nation, New Aiyansh, BC: Career Fair Presentation, May 4 to 6, 2019