August 13, 2018
AppsAnywhere is now WorkspaceOn Monday, August 13, 2018, the AppsAnywhere service will be changing to Workspace
The new Workspace service has been in pilot for over a year and is part of our shift to deliver a full virtual desktop experience for all students as well as delivering individual applications. This will increase their ability to use their own devices and work from anywhere.
What will you need to do?
Access your applications...
- through a browser - go to https://workspace.bcit.ca
- through Citrix Receiver on your computer - Create a new account in Citrix Receiver to point to the new Workspace service:
- From the Start Menu, launch the Citrix Receiver
- From the top menu, go to Accounts
- Select create a new account
- When prompted, type in the server address as Workspace.bcit.ca
- When prompted, login in with your BCIT credentials
- When prompted a second time, login with your BCIT credentials and ensure that you select the Remember my password.
- In the computer labs - login to the lab computer and your applications will be available from the Start Menu (as long as you subscribe as stated in the Important Note below).
If you have any questions about Workspace access, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 604-412-7444 (option #1) or if you would like to know how you can integrate virtual desktops into your on-campus or distance learning courses please email your inquiry to us at email@example.com.