June 15, 2019
Network Maintenance June 15, 2019Saturday, June 15 - Network Maintenance - All systems unavailable
Date and Time:
From: 6:00 pm - Saturday, June 15, 2019
To: 6:00 am - Sunday, June 16, 2019
NOTE: this outage extends outside the maintenance window due to the complexity of the work and the requirement for vendor assistance.
Work being done:
Network Maintenance at the Burnaby Data Centre
What does it mean for you?
BCIT networks (wired and wireless) and all system access will be unavailable.
This means no network access from on campus or off campus.
All systems will be unavailable including but not limited to the following:
Students and Staff
- myBCIT - all of myBCIT will be unavailable
- Online Self Service (i.e., lookup your grades)
- The Learning Hub (aka D2L (through myBCIT and the direct link)
- Network resources including:
- Network (wireless and wired)Staff
- Banner - including:
- Grade Book
- PTS Contracts
- Banner Document Imaging (XTender)
- Millenium Web Requisitioning
- Financial Aid
- Network Drives
- BCIT Reporting (Cognos)
- TM1 (budgeting and forecasting)
- AccessAnywhere (VPN)
- Outlook e-mail and calendaring
- VOIP phones
- Online Registration through www.bcit.ca
- Course and program finder through www.bcit.ca
- Faculty Bios through www.bcit.ca
- BCIT Public Web (a static page informing the public of outage will be displayed)
If you have any questions or concerns about this outage, please contact the Technology Service Desk 604-412-7444(option 1).