Zoom is the preferred full-featured web and video conferencing service for BCIT employees that offers collaboration through online meetings and webinars. BCIT employees can use Zoom to invite students and/or external users as guest participants.
- Simplified video conferencing and messaging across any device
- Easily schedule and join a meeting from Outlook
- Up to 300 attendees can participate in Zoom meetings, and up to 500 attendees can participate in Zoom webinars
- Whiteboard sharing, break out rooms, team chats, polls, hand raising, and music or video sharing make meetings more fun and engaging
- Multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously and co-annotate for a more interactive meeting
- Instructors can record lectures with searchable transcripts
- Non-instructional employees may request recording functionality with business justification (requires approval)
Make a request
- Report an issue
Encounter a problem while using Zoom? Let us know.
- Request Zoom training
We can help your team with using Zoom. Request a session for your group.
- Request license for recording Zoom meetings
Request to record your zoom meetings (requires approval). Approved recording licenses will only be provisioned for one year.
- Request webinar license
Webinar licenses are available in a limited quantity and requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis (requires approval). Approved webinar licenses will only be provisioned for one month.
Independent contractors and affiliates (requires approval)
Students and external participants (as guests only)
24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
This service may be unavailable during select scheduled maintenance windows.
Contact the IT Service Desk.
On a BCIT issued device, Zoom is part of the standard desktop application suite available to all employees. On a personal device, You can access Zoom in a web browser or download the application to your device.
There are no additional costs associated with this service.