Founded in 1964, BCIT inspires students beyond their classroom studies and provides job-ready graduates to industries across Canada and the world.BCIT's renowned applied education and training model is significant to the prosperity of the province of British Columbia and Canada. The institute has established itself as one of Canada's leading educational institutions in business, technology and trades programs.
- One of Canada's largest post-secondary educational institutions.
- Nearly 50,000 students enrolled annually.
- Programs developed with leading employers and industry associations.
- Instructors have years of industry expertise and professional designations.
- BCIT is a world leader in the knowledge transfer of applied education through capacity building and program delivery overseas in many emerging countries.
- Enrolment of international students increased to over 4500 students from 110 countries in full time and part time programs.
- Over the past decade, BCIT has partnered with more than 150 institutions across the globe, more than 20 of which deliver international diploma programs overseas to over 5,000 international students.
Practical career credentials designed for industry:
- Certificate and Advanced Certificate
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Technology
- Graduate Certificate
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Applied Science
- Master of Science
Applied researchBCIT conducts applied research to enhance the undergraduate educational experience, advance the state-of-practice and strengthen business and industry competitiveness.
For over 20 years, the institute's research has focused on providing solutions to industry challenges through product development, evaluation and commercialization.