Before You Arrive at BCIT
Find the right BCIT program for you
- Identify program options best suited to your goals
- Understand your program entry requirements
- Plan your education schedule and develop a study plan
Apply for a Canadian visa or Electronic Travel Authorization and a study permit
- You will likely require a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and a study permit to enter and remain in Canada as a student
Upgrade your English
- The level of English proficiency required to be accepted at BCIT depends on the program you choose
- First find your program, check the "Entrance Requirements" and note the English level required
Apply for Medical Insurance
All International students MUST have medical insurance when living in Canada and while studying at BCIT.
- You must purchase medical insurance (provided by Guard.me International Insurance) for the first 3 months in Canada
- You may be eligible for the Medical Service Plan (MSP) of British Columbia after residing in the province of British Columbia for over three months
Plan for your housingIt's important to make sure that you have somewhere safe and secure to live once you arrive in BC. BCIT Student Housing offers
on-campus residence as well as listings to help you find off-campus housing to suit your needs.