A simple way to work short term jobs. We connect workers with great companies daily. All through your smartphone!
All of our jobs are visible on the Grizzly Force – Work app. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up
your account and you’ll immediately have access to start browsing available jobs.
If you want to make extra money, be rewarded for a great job, have a flexible schedule,
and get paid within 24 hours, check out Grizzly Force.
YWCA Circle of Sisters Indigenous Mentorship Program
YWCA Circle of Sisters Indigenous Mentorship Program, provides opportunities for self-identified Indigenous girls*, ages 12-18 (mentees), to connect with Indigenous community and culture with the help of young self-identified Indigenous women* (mentors) and skilled facilitators. To keep mentees and mentors safe during COVID-19, regular in-person programming will be moved online for the time being. The staff are working hard to create fun, engaging and accessible content for this year. We are currently recruiting Indigenous mentors and need your help spreading the word!
WORK TERM: TBC 1- 2 years
OCEANS PROTECTION PLAN: JUNIOR POLICY ANALYST (1 Position): Year 1
The Prime Minister announced the $1.5B Oceans Protection Plan (OPP) in November 2016, a historic investment in marine safety.
The successful candidate will be working within Transport Canada’s OPP branch.
INDIGENOUS RELATIONS, PROGRAMS: JUNIOR POLICY ANALYST (1 Position): Year 2
The Programs Branch supports consultation and engagement with Indigenous groups throughout Pacific Region, for major projects, environmental assessment reviews and navigable waters, railways and aviation. The Indigenous Relations team also supports delivery of Indigenous Awareness and support for reconciliation goals for Transport Canada.
- Assist with preparation of Oceans Protection Plan documents by compiling stakeholder input and conducting background research.
- Assist with preparation of reporting, tracking and briefing documents for the public or senior government officials on the status of the Oceans Protection Plan initiatives
- Provide other support to the Oceans Protection Plan Pacific Secretariat as required
- Reviewing work plans, strategies and other documents related to OPP initiatives, undertaking analysis of information and preparing reports.
- Liaising with stakeholders, their representatives and/or other government departments and First Nations to discuss OPP initiatives.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations on technical information and providing information to stakeholders, responding to questions on the presented information and preparing summary reports.;
- Support and attend consultation and engagement meetings with Indigenous groups for major projects and programs for Transport Canada;
- Support and attend Treaty and Recognition of Indigenous Rights and Self Determination Tables with First Nations in BC;
- Liaise with other government departments and branches within Transport Canada to deliver consultation, engagement and reconciliation agendas;
- Support delivery of Indigenous Awareness training and other reconciliation activities for Transport Canada; and
- Review and analysis of consultation and accommodation strategies and best practices, and preparation of briefings for senior officials.
Contact Patrick with a copy of your resume at Patrick.Brennan@viu.ca.