VCC Provincial Instructor Diploma Program (PIDP)
The Provincial Instructor Diploma provides instructional skills to teach adults in private and public post-secondary institutions in BC. Credits are transferable to many universities. The program consists of seven courses and a final practicum. Vancouver Community College offers courses all over the province including several on BCIT's Burnaby campus.
For information or registration, call Vancouver Community College at 604-871-7000 ext. 7488 or 7499.
Who is eligible for funding?
This financial support is available to any FSA member, full-time or part-time who is currently teaching at BCIT and has completed the Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) or the equivalent Provincial Instructor Diploma Program's course PIDP 3220. (ISWs are offered at no cost year-round at BCIT in a variety of formats.) Financial support is also available for BCGEU part-time instructors.
If you are a Full Time BCGEU Vocational Instructor, please visit the PD/CSD (Professional Development/Career and Skills Development) ShareSpace site for information about funding.
How does it work?
- VCC has scheduled one offering of all the courses in this school year on BCIT's Burnaby campus. The committee prefers that you take the courses that are offered on the BCIT campus, with the following exceptions (which must be approved in advance):
- if the course offered on campus is full, you can take it at another location and be reimbursed.
- part-time instructors who regularly teach on Saturdays and/or Sundays (the only times the ID program is offered on the Burnaby Campus), may take it at another location and be reimbursed.
- people who have varying schedules and are not able to attend the regularly scheduled courses, may take the courses VCC offers online and be reimbursed.
- You must register in the program directly through VCC and pay for the courses yourself in advance.
- Upon successful completion of each course, submit the receipt and supporting documentation of completion from VCC and you will be reimbursed. For the reimbursement, submit the original receipt from VCC and a clear indication of how it was paid (copy of cheque, Visa statement, etc.), some indication from VCC that you passed the course, and a signed BCIT Travel/Professional Development Expense Claim form. See BCIT Travel Policy [PDF] for any questions.
- You can be reimbursed for tuition, registration fee, transfer credit fee and textbooks, but not for travel or parking.
How do I apply?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604-432-8927
- Acceptance is on a first-come first-served basis as long as there are still funds available.
Transferring your ISW credits to the PIDP at VCC
If you have taken the PIDP 3220 (also called the Instructional Skills Workshop at BCIT) and you wish to continue on with the PIDP, you must follow these steps when applying to VCC for an exemption of credit on your PIDP 3220.
- Fill out the attached pdf and send with a copy of ISW certification to email@example.com
- Can't find your official ISW certificate? Complete the pdf. Then request an official letter from BCIT. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in your subject line you require a letter from BCIT confirming the successful completion of your ISW. When you receive a letter send both the Application for Exemption Form and letter to email@example.com