Many people who come to live and work in Canada bring with them very high levels of education. Unfortunately, this education may not be recognized by those who don't understand how international credentials compare to our provincial and national systems.
The International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) was established in 1995, with start-up funding from the provincial government of British Columbia, to help people gain the recognition they need to pursue their career and educational goals in Canada.
Using well-established evaluation methodologies, ICES evaluates the credentials of people who have studied in other provinces or countries and determines comparable levels in British Columbia and Canadian terms. The results of an ICES assessment are provided in evaluation reports that are objective, consistent, and reliable.
Who Benefits from ICES Evaluation Reports?
- Individuals who have completed their education outside of BC and/or Canada
- Licensing bodies
- Educational institutions
- Employers and employment agencies
- Government services
- Immigration organizations
Why are ICES Evaluation Reports so Useful?
- They help individuals pursue a variety of goals: career planning, job search, education, professional recognition, licensing, immigration, and more.
- They help licensing bodies, employers, and educational institutions determine if and individual's credentials meet requirements for licensure, employment, or admission.
- They save organizations time and money by eliminating the need for extensive resources and research time to complete their own evaluations.
How to Apply
ICES is a Member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada
ICES is a founding member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (the Alliance). The Alliance ensures that individuals have access to fair and credible credential assessment services. Members of the Alliance follow principles of good practice that are consistent with international standards.
A Service of the British Columbia Institute of Technology
ICES, a service of the British Columbia Institute of Technology, brings together a variety of innovative educational assessment services, allowing individuals to receive recognition and credit for studies they have completed elsewhere. Further information on the British Columbia Institute of Technology may be found at www.bcit.ca.