As a public body, the British Columbia Institute of Technology is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), which provides the public the right of access to records in the custody or control of BCIT while safeguarding the privacy of individuals.
The Information Access and Privacy (IAP) Office provides leadership and expertise on information access, confidentiality and privacy, and services to support compliance with the FIPPA and other applicable legislation pertaining to access to information and the protection of privacy rights at BCIT.
Information Access and Privacy (IAP) services:
- Institute policies related to FIPPA and other applicable access and privacy legislation;
- Responding to all formal Freedom of Information requests for access to BCIT records;
- Privacy complaints and conducting privacy breach investigations;
- Privacy risk assessments, including formal Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs);
- Privacy resources for the BCIT community, including advisory and consulting services;
- FIPPA training for BCIT employees and associates.
For more information, contact the Information Access and Privacy Office.