Extended Health and Dental
BCIT provides a competitive extended health and dental plan that includes vision care and a pay direct drug card.
To access your group benefits you must:
Within a few weeks of your benefit eligibility you will receive a Manulife Financial Benefit Card with your member certificate number and plan contract or policy number. You will need these to fill out a health or dental claim or when purchasing prescriptions.
- Manulife Group Policy Number: 0083238.
- Emergency Travel Assistance Policy Number: 9505
- Plan Member ID/Certificate Number: last six (6) or seven (7) digits of your BCIT ID with the A00 or A0 dropped off.
- For example, if your BCIT ID is A00123456, your certificate number is 123456. If your BCIT ID is A01234567, your certificate number is 1234567.
Forms and documents
- Declaration of Common-Law Spouse [PDF]
- Manulife Dental Claim Form [PDF]
- Manulife Extended Health and Dental Application and Change Form [PDF]
- Manulife Health Care Claim Form [PDF]
Regular and Temporary Employees
Please note: All benefit plans amended policy numbers supersede the benefits booklets.
The correct policy number is 0083238 for all benefit plans.
- BCGEU Instructors Regular Employees [PDF]
- BCGEU Instructors Temporary and Recall Employees [PDF]
- BCGEU Support Regular Employees [PDF]
- BCGEU Support Temporary Employees [PDF]
- Faculty and Staff Association Regular Employees [PDF]
- Faculty and Staff Association Temporary Employees [PDF]
- Management Staff Regular Employees [PDF]
- Management Staff Temporary Employees [PDF]
- Student Association Employees [PDF]
Benefit Booklets - Auxiliary StaffPlease note:The amended changes supersede the waiting period and eligibility in the Auxiliary benefit booklet.
Waiting period:Enrollment may occur 12 months after the commencement of employment.
Eligibility:An auxiliary employee may apply for enrollment for Extended Health benefits after completion of 12 months of employment on a self-pay basis.
Benefit Booklets - Part-Time Studies EmployeesPlease note:The amended changes supersede the waiting period and eligibility in the PTS benefit booklet.
Waiting period:Coverage is based on 250 earned instructional or curriculum development contract hours (ICDCH) earned in the previous calendar year (June 1 to May 31). Enrollment takes effect July 1st of the next year. Example, contracts between August 2011 to April 2012 exceed 250 hours, therefore eligible for dental, extended health and MSP July 1, 2012 provided the individual does not have coverage with another employer.
Eligibility:Upon the completion of 250 ICDCH in the first year and 150 ICDCH in subsequent year and consecutive years.
Best Doctors"Best Doctors" provides you with access to world renowned medical specialists and a unique database of medical information. "Best Doctors" consults with you and your treating physician to confirm the right diagnosis and treatment options without your having to leave home. This additional benefit is part of your extended health benefits and available at no additional cost.
Find out more at the Best Doctors Canada website.