Equivalent Education, Skills and Experience
BCIT is committed to providing a fair and equitable selection process. The HR Department provides guidance and support to selection committees when determining equivalent skills, education and experience.
- You must complete the Equivalency For Education, Skills or Work Experience [PDF] form and provide justification.
- In collaboration with selection committees, HR will assess your application and make recommendations to the hiring manager.
- A selection committee's assessment may include an interview with you to determine equivalency.
- The following information may be considered when determining equivalency:
- Pre-screen interviews
- Application and resume
- Credentials (education, training and experience)
- Information on the equivalency form
- Skills-based testing
- Other supporting materials
- It is your responsibility to identify your equivalent skills, education and/or experience, at the time of application and provide us with supporting documentation.
- For some positions equivalencies are not considered, such requirements are identified in the posting.
Tips for Completing the Equivalency Form
- Consider the key job requirements and competencies of the position when providing justification for equivalency.
- Complete and include with your on-line job application package.
- Include all supporting documents that support your application with your package.
- Provide specifics related to your educational coursework; include information about the content, duration and work experiences.