Residence Life Assistants
What is a Residence Advisor?
Residence Life Assistants are hired at the beginning of September to help make the residence an energetic and fun place to live. Working closely with the Residence Advisors, they:
- Help plan, advertise and run residence-wide events
- Plan and run monthly movie nights
- Initiate and organize two "seasonal" events per term (e.g., pumpkin carving contests, Christmas decorating contests, Valentine's Day and Easter special events)
- Take photos of activities around the residence
- Help distribute information, flyers and posters
Want to be an RLA?
Are you organized, energetic, active, fun loving, outgoing and looking forward to meeting new friends? If you think this is the job for you, talk to the Housing Office staff or refer to the student employment page.