We maintain a repository of electronic resources to support the advancement of applied research and development within the School and at BCIT.
These resources include practical "how to" guides and tools for researchers and for those who wish to improve their research skills, whitepapers, discussion papers, BCIT symposium proceedings, and visioning documents. Some documents will be publicly available for sharing with external partners and stakeholders.
- June 9, 2011. Journey Towards Applied Research: A Panel Discussion with Health Sciences Faculty. BCIT Applied Research Conference, Day 2
- November 21, 2011. Supporting Guidance for Successful Completion of Institutional Research Committee Research Proposal Applications. School of Health Sciences Research Committee.
- September 14, 2011. SOHS SRC Roles and Responsibilities (LEAD). School of Health Sciences Research Committee
- February 8, 2012. Evaluation Form for Application for Institute Research Funds (Internal). School of Health Sciences Research Committee.
- July 2012. School Research Committee Members' Bios
This group is hosted by the SRC. To join the group, please contact one of the committee members
It's an informal place for SOHS faculty to foster applied-research and related scholarly activity. How? Through sharing timely information, discussing ideas, making requests, and offering support.
Topics include: applied research and scholarly activity in SOHS, School research committee, building capacity, research opportunities for students, economic/societal impact, culture of inquiry, industry engagement/ meetings, commercialization, and funding, access to ARLO, Technology Centre.