This page contains employee-focused content, and can only be accessed by the faculty and staff at BCIT. To view the content, please log in to the Loop.
In support of the BC province-wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic, staff in the Accounts Payable department for BCIT is working remotely.
BCIT will not be making payments by printed cheque. We are committed to having our vendors paid on a timey basis. Therefore we request:
- all vendors to submit their PDF invoice(s) electronically to BCIT_AP_Deparment@bcit.ca
- all vendors currently receiving payment in the form of Canadian cheque to request payment in the form of EFT by e-mailing BCIT_AP_Deparment@bcit.ca
The Accounts Payable department is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payments for goods and services incurred on behalf of BCIT. Under normal operating circumstances, invoices are processed for payment within 30 days of receipt. During this time period, there may be delays due to COVID-19. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Deposits made directly by EFT to a bank account are processed each Tuesday for deposit on Friday.
For vendor reference - please find below a reminder of the procedures required:
- BCIT uses a purchase order system and requires that you have a valid purchase order before you deliver merchandise or provide services. Failure to do so could result in the delay of payment.
- BCIT also uses a purchase card system and requires that when completing a transaction, the company email the invoice/receipt to the attention of the cardholder at BCIT.
- Invoices submitted for payment must include a current purchase order number. Invoices without an authorized purchase order number will be returned to you. It will then be your responsibility to collect the correct information and re-submit.
- All invoices must be addressed to: BCIT Accounts Payable Dept. and emailed to BCIT_AP_Department@bcit.ca no later than one day after shipment is made. Any discounts (if applicable) will be calculated from the actual date the goods are received.
- Accounts Payable pays according to the purchase order prices and taxes. Please refer to your copy of the purchase order to ensure that the billing information is correct. If you have any questions on price discrepancies, please contact the BCIT Purchasing Buyer you were dealing with.
- Terms are net thirty (30) days from received date of invoice. If you are inquiring about payment of your invoice, please provide the purchase order and invoice number, as this will allow the accounts payable clerk to respond to you more quickly and efficiently.
- The Accounts Payable department would like to receive a monthly statement, as this will allow the accounts payable clerks to reconcile your account efficiently.
- If you send a statement listing invoices 60 days or older, please send us a copy of the invoice(s). It is our policy to make payments net 30 days from received date of invoice; our failure to do so may mean we do not have the invoice(s).
- Social Services Tax (PST) exemption is displayed on the front of the purchase order, and it is based on exemptions allowed under the British Columbia Consumer Taxation Branch (CTB). Related CTB Bulletins may include, but are not limited to: 002, 003, 006, 011, 012, 018, 034, 036, 040, and 072. For bulletin information, please visit CTB.