Please follow steps 1-4 in order to apply for Entrance Awards.
Step 1: Review the general Entrance Awards eligibility criteria
Applicants must meet all of the following general criteria:
- You must have applied for admission to BCIT and have been assigned a BCIT ID.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- You must commence full-time studies between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Your entrance award application must be received at the Student Financial Aid and Awards office by 4 pm on the earliest deadline date of your selected entrance awards.
- You must remain registered as a full-time student during the academic period for which an award is given.
- You must maintain satisfactory academic standing during the academic period for which an award is given.
- If you are under disciplinary review or placed on a student performance contract, you may be restricted from receiving an entrance award disbursement.
Step 2: Read each Entrance Award description and determine which awards you are eligible to apply for:
Step 3: Prepare your application
Complete the following application forms and be sure to include all supporting documentation requested (Our fillable forms are not compatible with all internet browsers. Please use a different browser if you are having trouble with the fillable forms).
- 2020-2021 BCIT Entrance Awards Application Form [PDF] - required for all applicants
- Confidential High School Reference (Form C) [PDF] - required for President's Entrance Awards applicants only
- Confidential Reference (Form D) [PDF] - if required
Step 4: Submit your application form and supporting documentation by the appropriate deadline
by mail, fax or email to:
Student Financial Aid and Awards
British Columbia Institute of Technology
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Building SW1, Room 2132
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
Fax: 604.454.0941 | Email: email@example.com
Assemble your completed application in the following order:
Entrance Awards Application Form Your Personal Statement - page 3 Your application must be signed in ink - page 3 A copy or photocopy of your high school transcript
A copy or photocopy of your transcript from every post-secondary institution you have attended
Award-specific Information - if required
Confidential High School Reference (Form C) - if required Two Confidential Reference (Form D) - if required