Project TypesFacilities and Campus Development receives project requests from various groups at the Institute. The types of projects undertaken by our department fall under four main categories based on funding source. The categories are as follows:
Ministry funded capital projectsThe Ministry of Advanced Education (AVED) allots funding based on the Capital Asset Reference Guide (CARG) and for all BC post-secondary institutions. BCIT can receive funding based on five categories via the Five Year Capital Plan or Routine Capital processes as outlined below:
Five Year Capital Plan process
- Category 1: New priority projects
- Category 2: Whole asset replacement & renewal projects
- Category 3: Innovation projects
Routine Capital process
- Category 4: Maintenance and rehabilitation projects
- Category 5: Upgrade and renovation projects
BCIT capital funded projects
BCIT capital funded projects receive funding through the BCIT annual operations and budget process.
School funded projects
Facilities and Campus Development managed non-maintenance capital projects funded by BCIT Schools and Departments.