BCIT Engineering Panel Event and Info Session
March 29 from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm PDT
Welcome to the registration and information page for our annual BCIT Engineering Panel Event and Info Session. Our focus of Women in Engineering during this panel is to introduce and encourage more of our talented women to consider careers in the world of Engineering and Engineering-related programs. That being said, we welcome all and everyone to attend. This session will provide an overview of our degree and diploma programs in Engineering: Civil, Electrical, Marine, Mechanical and Mining. There are so many more Engineering programs to consider.
The session will be a panel discussion presentation asking questions of representatives of the disciplines, providing insight from students, faculty and alumni and their perspective as women in engineering. We’ll then open it up to a career fair style event with representatives at each of the disciplines tables available to answer further questions.
Women in Engineering Panelists:
- Alyssa Hermann, P.Eng., M.Eng. – Project Engineer, Civil, Binnie
- Ana Cross – Marine Engineering Cadet, BC Ferries
- Jessica Wilson – Assistant Instructor, Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology, BCIT
- Karen Kan, EIT – Associate Design Engineering Specialist, Mechanical, Fluor
- Megan Gent, EIT – Mining Engineer in Training, Victoria Gold Corp.
As well, Krizia Marban, Project Manager, McElhanney, will join the event as a guest speaker.
If you are unable to attend this session, please keep looking at the Information Sessions registration page for future events.
We look forward to seeing you on March 29th!