- This event has passed.
Associate Certificate in Fundamentals of Water and Wastewater Operations - Indigenous Online Information Session
January 17 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm PST
Are you interested in a career in the water and wastewater operations sector? BCIT and the First Nations Health Authority are partnering to deliver the Associate Certificate in Fundamentals of Water and Wastewater Operations. This online, part-time program provides the essential knowledge and skills for entry-level positions in the water and wastewater operations sector.
Full funding is available to sponsor a cohort of up to 24 Indigenous students into this program beginning in April 2023. We are aiming to connect with:
- Indigenous individuals who work, or would like to work, in the water and wastewater operations sector,
- First Nations who manage water and wastewater systems,
- Indigenous owned and operated water and wastewater systems, and
- Community Based Water Monitors
Join us on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm (PST) for an online information session to learn more about the program and this exciting sponsored opportunity.
There will be a Q&A session following the presentation to answer your questions. This online zoom session will be presented by Zaki Abdullah, Faculty with BCIT’s Civil Engineering Department. You will receive an email upon registration with a link and further instructions on how to join the info session.
If you would like to register for this info session event, please add your name and email address in the registration box below.
Note: you can register for this event until Monday, January 16th at 12:00 pm.
If you would like to receive an application package for the funded April program, please contact Andrea Dusanj, Industry Services Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 17
5:30 pm to 6:30 pm PST
- Event Categories:
- Engineering, Indigenous, Info Sessions, Online Information Sessions, School of Construction & the Environment
- Event Tags:
- 6040acert, Engineering, First Nations Health Authority, indigenous, info session, Online Information Session, School of Construction and the Environment, wastewater, water