ZoomText allows you to see and hear everything on the computer screen as well as providing access to applications, documents, email and the Internet. If you are an individual with early vision loss, computer vision syndrome, and visual impairments such as macular degeneration and glaucoma, Zoomtext is for you.
ZoomText has dual monitor support and is capable of magnifying the screen. It also allows you to choose which part of the screen is magnified. Text definition is maintained to preserve legibility. Color controls help improve the clarity of the screen and mouse pointers can be resized.
You can use Zoomtext for:
- Adjust magnification up to 36 times to your specific needs.
- Customize colours to optimize presentation depending on your needs while reducing eyestrain with Colour Inversion feature.
- Use 'Focus Enhancements' to quickly locate and follow the control focus when you navigate through application menus, dialogs and other application controls.
- Choose from 8 different zoom windows which part of the screen is magnified.
- See and hear selected locations in any application, a real timesaver that eliminates aimless scrolling, with the"Reading Zones" feature, you can quickly
- Display high-definition text that's easy to read at all magnification levels by using "xFont" technology. Fine-tune the thickness and spacing of text for added legibility.
- Modify the cursor making it larger, or in a shape to meet your needs.
- Size and color enhancements make it easy for you to see the mouse pointer.
- Find and launch programs and documents on your desktop, system tray and quick launch bar with help of the 'Desktop Finder' feature.
- Locate words, phrases and topics of interest in documents, web pages, and application windows.
- Turn text from documents, webpages, email, etc. into audio recordings that you can transfer to on your mobile device with the use of 'ZoomText Recorder'. Recordings can be saved directly to a ZoomText Recorder playlist in iTunes or Windows Media Player and automatically synced to your mobile device.
- Listen to documents, webpages, email, etc. while you simultaneously perform other tasks.
- Complete Screen Reading automatically speaks all program controls, including menus, dialogs, list views and messages in three verbosity levels.
- See instantly and hear selected locations (up to 10 zones) in your applications by using 'Reading Zones' option.
- Read (by character, word, line, sentence and paragraph) while creating and editing documents.
- Read web pages, in the proper reading order; navigate automatically or manually.
- Read text that you point to or read selected areas of the screen by pointing, clicking or dragging the mouse.
- Read and navigate your documents with 100 percent accuracy. ZoomText supports popular applications -- including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat X. Adobe Reader X, Firefox, iTunes and Java.
- Search webpages for specific words or phrases, or skim through pages to find items of interest. As you navigate through the page each item you come to is highlighted and announced.
- Have Web Finder start reading aloud from that location when an item of interest is found.
- Continue your search on the new page by using Web Finder that executes the link to another page.
Please book an appointment to meet with your Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists and discuss how ZOOMTEXT software can support your specific needs.