Dorset College - BCIT Pathway
Year 1: Dorset College
Year 2: BCIT
Year 3: BCIT (Optional)
Year 1: Business Culture Studies DiplomaThis Dorset College program provides students with fundamental education in business culture today. Students enrolled in the Business Culture Studies program complete 14 courses, including engaging coursework in English language, social sciences and mathematics. The program promotes the development of practical managerial skills, communication skills and business decision-making capability. Students who complete this one-year program with sufficient GPA will be eligible to apply for the pathway to the Advanced Diploma in Business Management at British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT).
Year 2: Business Advanced DiplomaAfter completing Dorset College’s Business Culture Studies Diploma, you are ready to expand your knowledge and cultivate business management skills in BCIT’s Business Management Advanced Diploma. This program will introduce you to necessary business topics like management accounting, economics, marketing, human resource management, and more. Through lectures, group discussion, and case studies, you’ll learn how to apply a disciplined and professional approach to management to prepare you for your future career in business while also preparing you specifically for a pathway to the BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program.
Year 3: Bachelor of Business Administration Degree (Optional)After completing BCIT’s Business Advanced Diploma, you have the option to enroll in BCIT’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). This 12-month degree emphasizes critical and strategic thinking and provides students the opportunity to be better prepared for career advancement by enhancing the skills developed in their diploma program at BCIT and Dorset College.
Enter the workforceAfter completing BCIT’s Advanced Diploma in Business Management or Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, international students are eligible to apply to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office for a post-graduate work permit. See the IRCC Website for more information.
About Dorset CollegeDorset College, founded in 1981, is committed to providing innovative, student-centered teaching to International and Canadian students. Through its programs and its supportive environment, Dorset College offers a unique, high-quality post-secondary learning experience that positions students for academic and career success in the worldwide community. This pathway is designed for students who want to manage their own business or take on a managerial role in their field.
Admission requirements in Dorset College:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- English requirement (complete one of the following):
- Complete Dorset College’s Academic Preparation III (Advanced Level) courses with minimum 65%.
- Receive minimum 50% on Dorset College’s English Placement Test.
- IELTS 6.0 with no band below 5.5
- Pass English 12 with minimum 50%
- Communication 12 with minimum 67%
BCIT Advanced Diploma requirements:
- English requirement: meet one of the following:
- English 12 (67% or higher) or equivalent
- 70% or higher in ENGL 100
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 65% (2.7 GPA) in Business Culture Studies courses at Dorset College
Who qualifies for BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration?Successful completion of BCIT’s Business Management Advanced Diploma (70% overall in all 13 courses), and 70% cumulative average in the following courses:
- ECON 2200 - Macroeconomics
- COMM 3310 - Advanced Communication for Business Management
- FMGT 2152 - Accounting for Management
- OPMT 5515 - Quantitative Methods for Managers
- MKTG 4010 Marketing Management Strategic Planning
Please have ready and submit your Dorset College Diploma (or Letter of Acceptance), Dorset College Transcripts and English 12 or equivalent requirement.
Start your assessment here.