Now that BCIT has entered the Step 3 Transition Phase, under direction from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training and the Provincial Health Officer, we would like to provide an update regarding BCIT-related travel guidelines.
For students, BCIT-related travel is typically related to field school trips, practicum placements, international field schools, study abroad, conferences, and events. For staff and faculty, BCIT-related travel is typically related to conferences, meetings, professional development travel, and any other travel that represents the Institute.
BCIT-related Domestic Travel
- Domestic travel can resume based on the Public Health Orders of the Federal, Provincial, and Territorial Governments.
- All travel requests will adhere to the policy and procedures outlined in Policy 7140 – Travel – Risk and Security.
BCIT-related International Travel
- Approval for international travel for students, faculty, and staff will be approved on a per request basis. All travel requests will adhere to the policy and procedures outlined in Policy 7140 – Travel – Risk and Security, including an in-depth risk assessment.
- All students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated prior to travel approval.
- Anyone arriving in BC from outside of Canada must follow current Federal Government guidelines.
View the current travel guidelines from the Province of British Columbia.