*Note: All information marked with an asterisk indicate that this content has been added/updated in the last 48 hours. If you have a question that has not been addressed on the BCIT COVID-19 resource page, please email email@example.com
On March 18, BCIT transitioned to primarily online delivery to protect our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. All courses and programs are being delivered in a primarily online format through the summer semester. Applications are still open for many programs – please visit Admission during COVID-19 to learn how BCIT Admissions is supporting applicants and to answer admissions-related questions.
COVID-19 return to BCIT
Your safety is our first priority. As BCIT campuses gradually re-open, we will carefully assess any activity or study that requires students to return to specific on-campus programs is compliant with safe work protocols as determined by Public Health, the BCCDC, and WorkSafeBC.
If you are a student in a program that has been approved to return to campus, you must follow the safety guidelines below. Your actions are critical to protecting not only your health but also that of your classmates, instructors, and the community.
Before you return to campus
1. Complete the COVID-19 and pandemic online course
This mandatory 30-minute self-registration online course “Student Awareness on COVID-19 and Pandemic Exposure Control Plan” will provide critical information to help protect your health while reducing risk to others while you are on campus. You are required to take this course once, prior to returning to campus. To access the course:
a. Login to the BCIT Learning Hub at learn.bcit.ca
b. The course will be listed in your My Courses listing
2. Health screening
To assist health screening, before attending campus, a BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool is available to anyone and can be used to help assess symptoms and determine if you need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
When you’re on campus
When you are on campus, be vigilant about following the safety rules below. Remember, you are protecting yourself and others. If you feel sick, notify your instructor(s) and do not come to campus.
- Do not come to campus if you are sick or exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19, a cold or the flu.
- Do not come to campus if you are self-isolating.
- Maintain physical distance (2 metres) at all times.
- Do not touch your face unless your hands have just been sanitized.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands both before and after class, before and after using the washroom, and often throughout the day.
- Use the washroom one person at a time.
- Pay attention to and follow directional and informational signage.
- Do not share items such as tools, computers, or equipment unless they can be properly disinfected between use.
- Clean all tools or equipment you have used, as instructed.
- Follow all specific posted safety guidelines when using on-campus facilities including labs, shops, and recreation facilities.
- Avoid large gatherings in common areas.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your health and safety at BCIT, report to your instructor and to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more information about health and safety at BCIT:
The COVID-19 Student Orientation [PDF] contains information for students returning to BCIT programming and campuses during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This information outlines safety guidelines which are consistent with those of BC’s Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafe BC, as well as a link to a mandatory “Pandemic Exposure” online course.
In addition to the information shared here, you may find our COVID-19 FAQ for International Students page helpful.