BCIT is open and under the Step 3 Transition Phase at the direction of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training and the Provincial Health Officer. Student and staff services are largely available in-person.
As of July 2021, BCIT has entered the Step 3 Transition Phase which allows for increased indoor and outdoor gatherings with appropriate safety plans.
The following are currently suspended, with an expectation they will resume later in Fall 2021.
- Campus tours
- Space rentals
- External filming on campuses
Service or space closures
BCIT is open and under the Step 3 Transition Phase at the direction of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training and the Provincial Health Officer. Student and staff services remain are now largely available in-person.
- IT Services counter service now available with remote support available via online chat https://chat.bcit.ca/ or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Study space across all campuses is now open. Masks are required in all indoor public areas on all BCIT campuses including classrooms, labs, shops, washrooms, study areas, hallways, lobbies, and stairwells
- Parking Office – Contact BCIT_Parking@bcit or visit BCIT Parking for office hours.
- BCIT Recreation Services are open. Beginning September 13, all Recreation Services users must present proof of vaccination. Familiarize yourself with these Recreations Services guidelines before coming to campus.
- Most food services across BCIT campuses are open. Visit BCIT Food Services for operating hours on available food services. Beginning September 13, all Habitat Pub visitors must present proof of vaccination. This order is not in effect for fast food services (only sit-down pub dining).
- For a full overview of current student services please visit Services & Supports During COVID-19