*Note: All information marked with an asterisk indicate that this content has been added/updated in the last 48 hours. If you have a question that has not been addressed on the BCIT COVID-19 resource page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alongside the direction of the Provincial Health Officer, BCIT has a comprehensive set of guidelines and policies in place governing how we monitor and react to health concerns within our community. The health and safety of all BCIT staff, students, and faculty is our number one priority.
In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer’s orders, all BCIT in-person events with more than 50 attendees are now cancelled or postponed until further notice. Where possible, we will work to transition these events to an online format – including Convocation, program information sessions, employee town halls, and PD opportunities.
An EOC committee has been struck to determine how some of these events could transition to an online format and community members can expect to hear more about these plans as details are confirmed.
Effective March 17, the following are suspended:
- Campus tours
- Space rentals
- External filming on campuses
- Test Centre
Service or space closures
Effective Tuesday, March 17, the following public spaces and areas have been directed to close until further notice:
- Alumni Relations Office and Alumni Store (email questions to email@example.com)
- BCIT Foundation office
- BCITSA Childcare Centre
- BCITSA Print Shop
- Bookstores at all campuses (online shopping available)
- Eh Pod
- Fitness Centre/gyms/weight rooms at all campuses – including fitness classes and intramurals (check out their Healthy at Home program)
- General use computer labs across all campuses
- Indigenous Services (service available online only at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IT Services (walk-up counter service is closed but remote support is available via online chat https://chat.bcit.ca/ or at email@example.com)
- *Libraries at all campuses with the exception of:
- Effective Tuesday, October 20, study space at the Burnaby Campus Library will be open for up to 45 students from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Tables must be booked in advance through the Library website.
- *Seating capacity of campus cafeterias and the SE2 Great Hall have been reduced to support social distancing
- The Great Hall (SE2-250) will be open for up to 48 students from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- In NE1, cafeteria seating for 17 students in the atrium area and a classroom (NE1-239) with a capacity of up to 25, will open from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Sleeping pods on all campuses
- Student project/study rooms at all campuses
- SW01 building is accessible but all services have moved online including,
- Accessibility Services
- Apprentice Services
- Financial Aid & Awards
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- International Student Centre
- Program Advising
- Respect, Diversity and Inclusion Office
- Staff and Faculty Parking Office
- Student Information and Enrolment Services
- Student Life Office
- Parking Office (Service available by appointment or email only at BCIT_Parking@bcit)
- All food services across BCIT campuses (including CARI) are closed except the following. Visit BCIT Food Services for operating hours on available food services.
- Rix Cafe in SE6
- These buildings remain closed to the general public:
- NE03, NE07, NE09, NE21, NE22, NE23, NE24, NE28, NW01, NW05, SE04, SE08, SE09, SE10, SE14, SE16, SE30, SE40, SE41, SW02, SW05, DTC, CARI