This course builds upon concepts presented in the microcredential, Introductory Studies in Mass Timber Construction. Students will learn about the installation methods and components used for interior floor, wall and ceiling systems in mass timber construction. They will learn best practices for fire protection and sound insulation in mass timber buildings. Students will consider strategies for the installation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing services and troubleshoot installation problems.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the installation of interior wall, floor and ceiling systems and components in mass timber construction.
- Describe best practices for fire protection in mass timber buildings, including encapsulation and firestopping.
- Describe the different types of sound insulation products used in wall, floor, ceiling, and window applications in mass timber buildings.
- Describe best practices for the installation of acoustic products for wall, floor, window, and ceiling applications in mass timber buildings.
- Explain considerations for the installation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing services in mass timber construction.
- Troubleshoot mass timber installation problems.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Installation of Interior Components and Services for Mass Timber Buildings (MC) (TMBR 1051)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.