This course is the equivalent to PEMAC Maintenance Management Professional Certification Program Module 5: Developing and Implementing Maintenance Tactics. This module focuses on maintenance efforts to ensure that physical assets safely, capably, reliably and repeatedly perform to their designed specifications. The focus is on techniques to develop maintenance tactics that will address how the assets are used, how they are likely to fail, the consequence of failure, and identifying maintenance tactics that are both feasible and worth doing. After developing tactics, the module will focus on how tactics need to be implemented and their effectiveness tracked. Topics include: understanding the “Operating Context”; defining asset function and functional failures; Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA); planning maintenance tasks; decision diagram; understanding consequences and the application of the RCM; maintenance task identification; implementing preventive maintenance; and introducing condition-based monitoring (CBM) into the maintenance equation.
- 60% in PEMA 1000
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- State the importance of effective maintenance to your organization.
- Apply a development and implementation process for maintenance tactics.
- Describe asset functions and functional failures.
- Describe the importance of FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis).
- Evaluate failure consequences.
- Select appropriate maintenance tasks using the RCM Decision Diagram.
- Select and implement predictive maintenance technologies.
- Manage the implementation process.
- Describe the relative strengths and challenges of RCM and other methodologies.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Developing and Implementing Maintenance Tactics (PEMA 3001) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Maintenance Management Professional
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Developing and Implementing Maintenance Tactics (PEMA 3001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.