Graduation ChecklistThe Graduation Checklist will help make sure you are prepared for your Convocation.
1. Apply to attend convocationYou’re not automatically registered for Convocation when you finish your last class. You need to apply to attend.
Requirements to attend Convocation:
- Successfully completed all requirements for a diploma/certificate, bachelor's degree, or master's
- Resolved any outstanding financial obligations to BCIT at the point of program completion
- Completed a program with a minimum of 45.0 credits or an advanced program beyond the diploma level.
Please contact Student Records 604 432 8353 if you have any questions about your graduation eligibility
2. Find your ceremonyWinter Convocation ceremonies will take place February 26 and 27, 2019.
3. Order your gown
- Rentals are $55 (incl. taxes)
- Gown rentals open December 3, 2018 at 7:00 a.m.
- Deadline for early bird rentals is January 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Final deadline for rentals is February 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
You are required to wear BCIT graduation regalia for Convocation. Exceptions will be made for approved cultural attire. Contact Convocation for more information.
Convocation is semi-formal. Please wear business attire under your gowns.
4. Invite your guestsYou’re encouraged to invite up to three guests. Please note that the ceremony will be streamed live in an overflow seating area if the auditorium is full.
Make sure your guests know where they need to be and how to get there.