Graduation ChecklistThe Graduation Checklist will help make sure you are prepared for your Convocation.
1. Apply for graduationYou’re not automatically registered for Convocation when you finish your last class. You need to apply to attend.
Requirements to attend Convocation:
- Successfully completed all requirements for a diploma/certificate, bachelor's degree, or master's
- Resolved any outstanding financial obligations to BCIT at the point of program completion
- Completed a program with a minimum of 45.0 credits or an advanced program beyond the diploma level.
2. Find your ceremonyWinter Convocation is on February 20th, 2018. View the schedule to see what time you will be graduating.
3. Order your gown
- Online ordering opens December 4th, 2017
- Rentals are $55 (incl. taxes)
- Early bird rate is $10 off - available until midnight PST January 28th, 2018
- Deadline for rentals is midnight PST February 7th, 2018
You are required to wear BCIT graduation regalia for Convocation. Exceptions will be made for approved cultural attire. Contact Convocation for more information.
Convocation is semi-formal. Please wear business attire under your gowns.
4. Invite your guestsYou’re encouraged to invite up to three guests. Please note that the ceremony will be streamed live in an overflow seating area if the auditorium is full.
Make sure your guests know where they need to be and how to get there.