Graduation ChecklistThe Graduation Checklist will help make sure you are prepared for your Convocation.
1. Apply to attend convocationYou’re not automatically registered for Convocation when you finish your last class. You need to apply to attend.
- Full-time student application
- Part-time student application
- Trades and Aerospace Technology Campus student application
- Successfully completed all requirements for a diploma/certificate, bachelor's degree, or master's
- Resolved any outstanding financial obligations to BCIT at the point of program completion
- Completed a program with a minimum of 45.0 credits or an advanced program beyond the diploma level.
Please contact Student Records 604 432 8353 if you have any questions about your graduation eligibility
2. Find your ceremony
Winter Convocation ceremonies will take place February 25 and 26, 2020.
3. Order your gownAll graduates attending Convocation need to rent regalia. The gown rental fee is $55 (including taxes). The early bird rental discount of $10 is applicable for orders placed before midnight PST January 29, 2020. After that, the official online registration will close at midnight PST February 5, 2020.
4. Invite your guestsYou’re encouraged to invite up to three guests. Please note that the ceremony will be streamed live in an overflow seating area if the auditorium is full.
Make sure your guests know where they need to be and how to get there.
5. Prepare for Convocation
Know where you need to be, and when you need to be there. Plan for your Convocation day.