Dignitaries, Faculty, and Staff
BCIT’s faculty and staff play a big part in the success of convocation.If you would like to volunteer at convocation, please review the Volunteering Information.
Confirm your attendanceRSVP information and deadline for dignitaries, faculty, and staff will be posted in May 2019.
If you are participating as part of the platform party, you need to:
- Ensure you have the appropriate degree hood for the ceremony by indicating what degree you have (e.g. BA, MA, PhD, or Diploma etc.) in your RSVP.
Plan your day
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the ceremony in order to receive your gown and line up in the procession
- Parking is limited at the venue. View Location and Parking for more information
- When you arrive, follow the signs downstairs to the platform/faculty gowning room. After you have received your gown, you will be marshaled into the ceremony and remain seated on the stage for the duration of the ceremony (approximately two hours).
- Deans and faculty will be asked to come forward to greet students from their programs when they cross the stage.
- When the ceremony is finished, the piper will lead the Platform Party, followed by the faculty and then the graduates out of the auditorium.
- Please return immediately to the gowning room after the ceremony to return your gown and degree hood before returning upstairs to attend the reception.