Centres of Excellence
The School of Construction and the Environment is concerned with matters of the natural environment, the built environment, and the relationship between them. What better way to develop this relationship than through the establishment of a variety of centres of excellence? We currently have six centres of excellence:
- Building Science Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Energy Systems Applications
- Centre for Architectural Ecology
- Canadian Housing & Construction Centre
- Centre for Sustainable and Environmental Initiatives
- The Rivers Institute
Each centre is mandated to conduct applied research, support training and education, and provide education transfer and technology transfer with respect to each centre's area of interest. It is through each centre that the School of Construction and the Environment participates in national and international activities and partners with other institutions and organizations.
Please see our other Research Areas as well.