CNC Machinist Technician :: Student Profile & Capabilities
BCIT attracts a variety of mature and talented students who wish to gain new skills or enhance their existing work knowledge. Many students have industrial, technical and commercial experience and a wide range of work skills. Students must meet admission criteria before being accepted into the program.
After the first 33-week academic term of machinist core training, the students will be to:
- Apply safe working practices,
- Read and interpret shop drawings,
- Perform layout, use measuring and testing tools,
- Use support machines, lathes, milling machines, and precision grinders,
- Apply basic metallurgy,
- Select lubricants,
- Apply the fundamentals of CNC,
- Complete machine shop projects,
- Fit bearings and seals,
- Challenge Apprenticeship year I exam.