Resources & Links
BCIT Forensics student resources
Students in the program must apply for graduation once all BTech or ASC degree program requirements have been met. Please check the deadline to apply for graduation and attend the February or June Convocation ceremony. To apply for graduation, students should have completed and received final grades for all their courses by this date. Once the form has been completed, please fax it to Student Records at 604-431-0817.
- All You Ever Wanted to Know About Forensic Science [PDF] (provided by Dr. Gail Anderson and the Canadian Society of Forensic Sciences)
- Forensic Science [PDF]
- Computer Systems Technology [PDF]
- International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Forensic Nurses' Society of Canada
- Journal of Forensic Nursing
- United Kingdom Association on Forensic Nurses
Human trafficking resources for forensic and healthcare professionals
- Fraser Health Forensic Nursing Service online module– Human Trafficking: Help Don’t Hinder
- How Many Slaves Work For You? Evaluate your footprint.
- Office to Combat Trafficking in Persons - Online Module
- The Canadian Centre to End Human Trafficking
- Polaris Project
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime: Human Trafficking
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Human Trafficking Health Alliance of Canada: A cohesive network of health care providers across Canada working to advocate awareness of human trafficking and its impact on the health of a person and our health care system. Request to join by email.
- Health Education Advocacy Linkage - HEAL Trafficking: A united group of multidisciplinary professionals dedicated to ending human trafficking and supporting its survivors, from a public health perspective.
- Confronting the Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Sex Trafficking of Minors in the United States, Institute of Medicine.
- Identification of human trafficking victims in health care settings by Baldwin SB, Eisenman DP, Sayles JN, et al., Health Hum Rights. 2011;13:1–12.
- The health consequences of sex trafficking and their implications for identifying victims in health care facilities by Lederer, L & Wetzel CA. (2014). Annals of Health Law.
- Dr. Susie Baldwin: Intervention in Human Trafficking Through Health Care
- Dr Nadine Harris: How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime
- Student Employment Services
- Canadian Society of Forensic Science
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Forensic Laboratory Services
- Canadian Identification Society
- International Association for Identification
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Forensic Accountants
- Association of Certified Forensic Investigators of Canada
- National Institute of Justice
- Vancouver Police Foundation
- Discover Criminal Justice