Summer Field School
About BCIT Forensics
Our Forensic Science and Technology program is the most comprehensive of its kind in Canada, offering courses and programs like forensic science, forensic health science, crime and intelligence analysis, digital forensics, and cyber security. For almost 20 years, BCIT has produced highly trained investigators. With the growth of technology comes more sophisticated criminals that negatively impact economies and society in general. BCIT is responding with even more advanced education and research for the next generation of investigator.
Field School Features
Join us for a forensic science experience which can include:
- rigorous teaching of related scientific principles and theories
- mock crime scene exercise and evidence collection
- operation of devices (e.g., GC-MS, 3500 Genetic Analyzer, HPLC, FTIR, and Stereo Microscopes) and examinations of the evidence involved in the case
- lab examinations
- field trips to local law enforcement agencies, offering comparative insight into forensic rules and practices in a different legal system
- moot court testimony experience
- credit or non-credit learning depending on the requirements of your institution
Add to Your Experience
Students have the opportunity to explore the Vancouver region, consistently rated one of the top cities in the world to visit and in which to live.
Contact Us to Discuss Opportunities for Your Institution
If your institution is interested in a custom forensic field school, please contact Dr. Dean Hildebrand.