The Communication Department Learning Centre is a "drop-in" centre where you can get help from Communication Instructors in both oral and written communication areas. We offer a computer-based Language Lab wherein students can access a wealth of resources to develop writing, speaking, reading and listening skills.
You will be able to access these materials online at your convenience and engage in online tutorial assistance throughout the term. Come for a free visit before registering!
An instructor will be available to answer your questions, help you with your writing, and show you how best to use the Language Lab computer programs, text materials, WebCT resources, and Internet links.
Language Lab Programs:
- Pronounciation Power 1 and 2
- Creative Wave Studio Pronounciation Practice
- Focus on Grammar - High Intermediate and Advanced
- The Reader's Edge - Effective Speed Reading
- Vocaboly - An Award-Winning Vocabulary Builder
- Collins Cobuild Resource Pack: Advanced Learner's Dictionary, English Grammar, Guide to English Usage and Thesaurus
Text Materials for Vocabulary and Reading Development:
- Business and Technical Writing Guides
- 504 Absolutely Essential Words
- Advanced Word Power
- Building Vocabulary Skills
- Six-Way Paragraphs - Middle and Advanced Levels
- Timed Readings - Books Seven through Ten
- Ten Steps to Building College Reading Skills
- Reading Faster and Understanding More
- All PELD Required and Recommended Texts
- Other Reference Materials
Virtual Learning Centre:
- Home Access to Resources and Internet Links via WebCT
- Online Feedback for Email Submitted Work