Mature StudentsIndividuals who do not meet the traditional entrance requirements have an alternative path to complete a diploma or degree. If you have five to seven or more years of professional business experience, you may qualify for:
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management (eight months)
- Sustainable Business Leadership Advanced Certificate
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree Executive Path
- Business Information Technology Management
- Business Operations Management
- General Insurance and Risk Management
- International Business Management
- International Business Management – Global Supply Chain Option
- Marketing Management - Tourism Management
- Marketing Management - Professional Sales
- General Insurance & Risk Management
- Minimum of seven years progressive work experience, including five years supervisory
- Post-secondary courses plus over five years supervisory work experience
- Diploma or degree from a recognized institution
- International degree (subject to a comprehensive evaluation by ICES)
- Red Seal or Journeyman Certificate
(At least one of the following)
- Degree non-business plus five years work experience
- Post-secondary courses or non-business diploma plus seven years experience
- Diploma in business (non-BCIT) plus five years work experience
- Red Seal or Journeyman Certificate plus five years experience as a site supervisor, project or construction manager, or a self-employed contractor
- McDonald’s manager (second assistant manager or higher)
- Five year work experience equals minimum one year supervisory plus four years management/ administration
- Seven year work experience equals minimum three year supervisory plus four years management/ administration
- Non-management and non-supervisory roles will be assessed on an individual basis.
FeesThere is a $115 mature student APPL assessment fee for applicants with Canadian credentials and/or work experience and $285 fee for applicants with international credentials and/or work experience. This fee includes:
- One-on-one advising
- Evaluation of your skills and workplace training
- An advanced placement and prior learning (APPL) path, if eligible, best suited for you
- Identification of classes that may be challenged through prior learning (PLAR)**.
APPL Assessment ProcessTo create your personalized education pathway, please complete the following APPL Assessment Process.
Step 1: Have the following documents ready:
- Detailed resume
- A detailed letter of validation signed by current and/or previous employers confirming dates of employment, position(s), and job duties (may include a job description)
- Post-secondary transcripts (if applicable)
- Other certificates or training documents
- Create a BCIT Student ID Number
Step 2: Request an Assessment.
Step 3: Pay Assessment Fee
The Financial department at BCIT will contact you shortly to process your payment. DO NOT SEND CHEQUES OR PROVIDE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THE ADVISOR.
Please note: Your assessment will not be processed until the assessment fee and all documents including proof of English have been received. Assessment processing time is four to six weeks.