Mature StudentsIf you have five or more years of professional business experience, you may qualify for an alternative path to complete a diploma or degree as a mature student.
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management (eight months)
- Human Resource Management Diploma (Advanced Placement - Diploma/Degree entry)
- Sustainable Business Leadership Advanced Diploma
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree Executive Path
- Business Information Technology Management - Artificial Intelligence Management
- Business Information Technology Management - Enterprise Systems Management
- Business Operations Management
- International Business Management
- International Business Management – Global Supply Chain Option
- Marketing Management - Tourism Management
- Marketing Management - Professional Sales
- General Insurance & Risk Management
- Financial Planning
- Minimum of seven years progressive work experience, including five years supervisory
- Post-secondary courses, ICES Certified, Diploma or Degree plus over five years of supervisory work experience
- Red Seal or Journeyman Certificate
- Three years of post-secondary education at a Canadian recognized institution or equivalent International degree (ICES or WES certified)
- Five years of work experience in Data Analytics or related field (Business and Computer Science experience is advisable).
(At least one of the following)
- Degree non-business plus five years work experience
- Post-secondary courses or non-business diploma plus seven years experience
- Diploma in business (non-BCIT) plus five years work experience
- Red Seal or Journeyman Certificate plus five years experience as a site supervisor, project or construction manager, or a self-employed contractor
- McDonald’s manager (second assistant manager or higher)
- Five year work experience equals minimum one year supervisory plus four years management/ administration
- Seven year work experience equals minimum three year supervisory plus four years management/ administration
- Non-management and non-supervisory roles will be assessed on an individual basis.
FeesThere is a $115 mature student APPL assessment fee for applicants with Canadian credentials and/or work experience and $285 fee for applicants with international credentials and/or work experience. This fee includes:
- One-on-one advising
- Evaluation of your skills and workplace training
- An advanced placement and prior learning (APPL) path, if eligible, best suited for you
- Identification of classes that may be challenged through prior learning (PLAR)**.
APPL Assessment ProcessTo create your personalized education pathway, please complete the following APPL Assessment Process.
Step 1: Have the following documents ready:
- Detailed resume
- A detailed letter of validation signed by current and/or previous employers confirming dates of employment, position(s), and job duties (may include a job description)
- Post-secondary transcripts (if applicable)
- Other certificates or training documents
- Create a BCIT Student ID Number
Step 2: Request an Assessment.
Step 3: Pay Assessment Fee
The Financial department at BCIT will contact you shortly to process your payment. DO NOT SEND CHEQUES OR PROVIDE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THE ADVISOR.
Please note: Your assessment will not be processed until the assessment fee and all documents including proof of English have been received. Assessment processing time is four to six weeks.
Contact UsTo find out more information on mature student pathways, please contact Karime Kuri at email@example.com or by phone at 604-456-1170.
Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics