Study in Vancouver, Canada
Below you will find all the information you need to apply for your experience with the BCIT School of Business, including available courses, credit transfers, and the forms that you must complete.
BCIT School of Business Study in Vancouver Options
1. Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate provides a path for students to obtain an MBA at one of several international institutions.
2. Statement of Completion
Each Statement of Completion program consists of a minimum of four part-time courses offered in the evenings or on weekends. Study Abroad students can choose one of the following programs. A Statement of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of all program courses.
- The Backpack Video Journalist
- Cross-Platform Storytelling & Content Marketing
- Citizen Journalism
- Advanced Citizen Journalism
- Entertainment Media Performance
- Advanced Entertainment Media Performance
- Sports Media Performance
- Advanced Sports Media Performance
- Essentials of Website Storytelling
- Advanced Website Storytelling
- Human Resource Management
- Management Skills in Communication and Negotiation
- Small Business Management
- Social Media and Online Marketing
3. Bridging Program into Business Diploma ProgramStudy Abroad students that already have a bachelor degree or diploma choose bridging courses that allow them to enter level 2 or 3 of the following diploma programs. Advanced placement into level 2 or 3 is subject to seat availability and academic performance. The Business Management Studies certificate bridges into many of our diploma programs as listed below.
- Broadcast and Online Journalism
- Business Information Technology Management
- Business Management
- Business Operations Management
- Financial Planning
- General Insurance and Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Marketing Communications
- Tourism Management
- Professional Real Estate
- Professional Sales
- Radio Arts and Entertainment
4. Study Abroad by DesignSchool of Business courses are recognized as current by employers with respect to industry trends and knowledge. As a Study Abroad student, you may choose to enroll in part-time courses from different areas of business. Students should consult with the Student Mobility Coordinator regarding course availability and required prerequisites.
Sample of Study Abroad Learning Plan:
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|BUSA2905||Managing Conflict in Workplace||3|
|MKTG 1323||Effective Public Speaking||3|
|MKTG 7110||Sustainable Marketing Management Practices||3|
|NPMA 1900||Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations||3|
Courses can be selected from the following Part-time Studies areas:
- Accounting, Finance, and Insurance
- Broadcast and Media
- Digital Arts, Graphic Design, and Website Development
- Business Administration and HR Management
- Operations Management and Project Management
- Marketing, Fundraising, and Social Media
Please note that you will need to choose courses that are offered in the correct term.
Fall terms (September to December), Winter/Spring terms (January to May), and Summer terms (April toAugust). Level 3 and Level 4 courses may have prerequisites, so please read the course descriptions when considering courses from those levels.
When choosing appropriate courses, please contact the Student Mobility Coordinator for assistance.
- Fall Semester - April 1
- Winter Semester - October 1
- Summer Semester - January 1
Entrance requirements for students from partner universities:
- Nomination letter from Study Abroad office
Entrance requirements for students from non-partner universities:
- IELTS – minimum 6.0 (PTS only)
- If English proficiency is below requirements, students need to be enrolled in COMM courses
Applications and Arrival FormsIf you are interested in attending BCIT, download our Information for Prospective Students brochure [PDF]. It contains information about the application process, studying at BCIT, and the Metro Vancouver area.
Please request an Application Form from email@example.com.
Once you have received your acceptance letter, you will be asked to fill out and email your arrival form [PDF file]. Please consider the timing of your flights so that you can attend orientation and get acclimatized to our time zone. After that, you can start packing and get ready to come visit us here in British Columbia!