Co-operative Field School
Come spend a week in Italy at the BCIT School of Business Co-operative Field School! This program will explore international co-operative projects through lectures and tours of various co-operative organizations. Participants will learn about the history and evolution of co-operatives in Italy, sectors of operation, and legislative frameworks. The objective of the program is to offer applied learning, rich interactive site visits, and immersion in the co-operative and Italian culture. A guided tour of the city of Vicenza, an optional trip to Venice, and other opportunities are planned into the program. [PDF Brochure]
We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Co-operative Field School in Vicenza, Italy.
Where: Vicenza, Italy
When: May 20-26, 2018
- Exposure to the Italian Co-operative Model - how co-operative relations among small firms can be leveraged to serve global markets.
- How the principles of co-operation and the adoption of reciprocity and mutual benefit can be operationalized in communities.
- How government policies can actively promote co-operative relations among firms.
- Learn to develop sector-specific strategies that aid the growth and competitiveness of small and medium-sized firms.
- Apply the co-operative model to the broader commercial economy by promoting the involvement of individual firms in collective ventures that benefit all participants and associated sectors.
Site Visits Include (subject to change):
- Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato & Agricoltura di Vicenza – CCIAA
- Credito Trevigiano
- Banca di Credito Cooperativo di Monastier e del Sile
- Cooperativa Lavoratori Zanardi
- Confcooperative Vicenza
- Caseificio Pennar
- Consorzio di Tutela della Denominazione di Origine Controllata Prosecco
- Cooperativa Sociale Verlata
- CUOA Business School
Cost: $5,995 (early bird price $5,695 by December 31, 2017)
Cost includes tuition, program related transportation, hotel accommodations, and meals. Fees do not cover airfare, transportation to and from Vicenza, or personal expenses.
How to Apply
Interested in applying to the Co-operative Field School program? Email us.