Sleep Country Canada - Business Consulting Project
|Project Client:||Sleep Country Canada
|Project Description:||Recruitment & Selection
|Students:||Vanessa Janzen, Ioana Radu, Shauna Robertson
|BCIT Program:||Human Resource Management
25 companies were contacted, 14 of which agreed to interviews. These interviews were used to identify other company’s current recruitment and selection practices. Internal research consisted of electronic surveys and telephone interviews to identify challenges that users of the system may have experienced.
The three major opportunities for development identified through internal research included:
- Redundancies throughout the screening process
- Increasing the size and quality of the applicant pool
- Developing a communication plan for the referral program
- Increase candidate pools through: greater social media presence and the use of an applicant tracking system to manage applicants.
- To reduce redundancy in the interview process use: online application tool, interview guide questions, and a rating scale.
- In order to update the referral program: educate employees, advertise the program, periodically adjust the reward amounts, and streamline the process across departments.