Organika Health Products - Business Consulting Project
|Project Client:||Organika Health Products
|Project Description:||Product Fulfillment Analysis
|Students:||Meghan Fisher & Kelly Abbott
|BCIT Program:||Business Operations Management|
The purpose of this study was to investigate the current order fulfillment processes of finished goods within the shipping department and validate symptoms affecting productivity and inventory accuracy, enabling Organika to accurately trace, identify, and access materials in the in the picking process and to increase productivity.
BCIT Operations Consulting team documented the current situation using process maps, cycle time analysis, activity sampling. Identify areas for improvement through cause and effect diagrams, and developed layouts models based on utilizing product arrangement and potential placement solutions and conducting an ABC analysis. From there, the team evaluated the potential solutions and identified the best solution.
After analyzing the data, the team recommended the solutions as followed:
- Organizing bin locations and location labels
- Organizing finished goods layout via ABC classification
- Standardizing operating procedures
- Optimizing and organizing the pick list codes
- Using MS Excel to track and keep current records on finished goods
- Establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures
| Net Benefit