Imprint Plus - Business Consulting Project
|Project Client:||Imprint Plus
|Project Description:||Process Improvement
|Students:||Anna Melnikova, Hamid Farzaneh
|BCIT Program:||Business Operations Management
The purpose of the project is to investigate inefficiencies with the current production plant layout at Imprint Plus and provide recommendations for improvements.
The Project Team used a PDCA problem solving cycle to investigate the current symptoms at Imprint Plus and integrate daily activities to achieve project deliverables. The Project Team conducted employee and management interviews, process mapping, and cause and effect analysis to understand the symptoms affecting the current plant layout and provide recommendations.
The Project Team has provided the following recommendations:
- Fabrication teams should be moved in the Warehouse close to the scheduler
- Specialty Packing team should be moved from the Spare Warehouse to the Warehouse
- Sublimation department should be moved to the office joining the Prepress department
- Current Fabrication room should be used as a central location for supplies and as work station for trade show preparation
- 5S, the Lean technique, should be applied in all departments