Garibaldi Glass - Business Consulting Project
|Project Client:||Garibaldi Glass Inc.
|Project Description:||Review Employee Training Records Processes
|Students:||Azaria Khan and Wendy McConnell|
|BCIT Program:||Business Operations Management
The BCIT students conducted interviews and observed the processes involved with tracking labour information and entering it in the payroll software, EZ Labor. Through a cause and effect analysis it was determined that a standardized tracking process would be beneficial to them as the absence of an adequate tracking system has made determining the skill level of plant employees more difficult.
To achieve a standardized tracking process the team recommended a 6 step implementation process:
- Develop new cost centers for each task
- Implement competency ratings
- Implement the proposed labor form
- Implement the proposed EZ Labor report
- Implement the proposed Excel spreadsheet tools
- Print scheduled reports