Beachcomber Hot Tubs - Business Consulting Project
|Project Client:||Beachcomber Hot Tubs
|Project Description:||MRP software assessment
|Students:||Miranda Wong and Rafael Zveibil
|BCIT Program:||Business Operations Management
While Beachcomber is a successful company, market pressures have put emphasis on continuous improvement of production and administrative processes. With this in mind, Beachcomber has continually collaborated with the BCIT Business Operations Management program and invited students to utilize the skills and expertise developed from the program for improvement projects.
Beachcomber invited the BCIT student team to determine the feasibility of utilizing the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module in Syspro’s Enterprise Resource Planning software.
The study identified two key symptoms in the Operations team:
- 28% of managerial time dedicated to manual data entry activities.
- Excessive company risk – concerns with knowledge specific to tasks solely known by the person performing the task.
- Eliminate 90% of manual data entry time
- Provide 25% more available time to the Purchasers for higher value activities
- Standardize the MRP process – through training and elimination of personalized spreadsheets
- Create visibility of all data in the system – allowing better planning and execution of Operations activities with expected reduction in overall inventory investment.