Business Consulting Projects - Business Management
A BCIT Business Consulting Project provides Business Management students the opportunity to work over a 10 week period with an organization to solve a business problem or challenge. Students work in a team of two or three to identify potential opportunities, conduct research, and recommend effective solutions. The end result for your organization is a comprehensive written report and an oral presentation outlining the student team’s recommendations and solutions. The Business Management program accepts approximately 30 project proposals per year.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS|
||Small Business Operations
||Sales & Marketing
|Sept - Nov||Project proposals submitted to BCIT|
|January||Student teams review and select projects|
|Feb - Mar||Students, Faculty Advisor, and Sponsor agree to project details|
|Mar - May||Students conduct research, write a report, and prepare their presentation|
|Mid - May||Students deliver oral presentation and written report to sponsor|
BCIT Business Consulting Project Ideas
- How can my small business reach a larger audience?
- How can we improve employee on-the-job training and performance?
- How can we increase our website traffic and online revenue?
- How can we market our products/services to a certain demographic?
- How can we improve our communication and service with our customers?
- What will be the impact on our business if we expand our product line?
BCIT Business Consulting Project Requirements
- A clearly defined business challenge or problem
- Involve a market research component
- Workspace and administrative services for 2-3 students
- Available two days a week for student visits (Tues & Wed)
- A $750 donation to the student scholarship fund (taxable benefit)
Contact InformationTo get started, please fill out the Business Consulting Project Proposal form. If you have any additional questions about the BCIT Business Consulting Project program or if you would like to be contacted when the next project opportunity arises please contact:
Business Management Program Head
Business Administration Department