BCIT Entrepreneurship Practicum ProgramBCIT Entrepreneurship students in their final term of study are available to work two days a week in your organization for a ten week period. The students have completed the majority of their classroom requirements and have job ready skills to make an impact within your organization and are eager to sink their teeth into real work.
The practicum program provides students with the opportunity to work for two days a week within an organization to gain work experience in the field of their choice. At the same time, you receive a recently trained Entrepreneurship student to work on projects within your organization. It is also a perfect way to try out a potential new entry-level employee with no risk. A win/win for both parties.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS
||Developing Business Plans|
|Sales and Negotiation
|New Product/Service Development
|Nov - Jan
||Practicum applications submitted to BCIT|
||Practicums are finalized
||Students start their practicum
How Does The Practicum Process Work?Create and submit a one or two page Word document containing the following:
- Brief description of your organization
- Project description outlining the student’s responsibilities
- The organization’s name, address, and website
- Contact name, phone number, and email address
Remember, students will be applying based on the information that you provide. Companies that provide a detailed and interesting description of the position, the company, and the industry tend to attract more applicants and have a higher chance of landing an intern. Securing an intern is not guaranteed.
BCIT Entrepreneurship Practicum Requirements
- Provide meaningful tasks to keep the student busy
- Have sufficient work to last two days a week for ten weeks
- Provide a work station in an office environment
- Students work business hours that are typical of your organization
Contact InformationIf you have any additional questions about the BCIT Entrepreneurship Practicum program or to submit your application, please contact:
Program Head, Entrepreneurship
Marketing Management Department