(2 days, 15 hours, 1 credit)
This workshop introduces you to the concept of real-time technology and its applications in various sectors and industries. You will learn and discuss real-time technology and the role game engines play in delivering real-time applications. You will also learn to set up and install Unreal Engine, explore the workspace, and navigate various panels and windows in Unreal Engine.
You will also explore how leading companies such as Nike, BMW, and Konami use this engine for their design, manufacturing, and game production. You will put their knowledge to practice by creating simple game levels and interactive characters.
By the end of Day 1, you will be able to:
- Discuss the role of real-time technology in the current tech sector and entertainment.
- Install the launcher platform.
- Describe the features available in the launcher.
- Install Unreal Engine through the launcher.
- Explore the production templates.
- Create an Unreal Engine project based on a project template.
By the end of Day 2, you will be able to:
- Set up and configure the Unreal Engine project settings.
- Discuss potential uses and applications of Unreal Engine.
- Plan and sketch a small game level.
- Import 3D assets into the Unreal Engine content library.
- Create a scene for the game level based on the sketch.
- Block space with proxy objects.
- Replace proxy objects with imported assets.
- Build and test the game level.
For more information contact us.